Its Spring newsletter time.
The first 2 items very important for Glasgow on sales operators. Both for 31 March!!!
1. EXTRA HOUR ADDED ON TO TERMINAL HOUR FOR ON SALES IN GLASGOW WHO SAID YES TO SEASONAL VARIATIONS
On the following 5 dates for all on licence venues, including late night venues
- Saturday 31 March into Sunday 01 April 2018
- Saturday 05 May into Sunday 06 May 2018
- Saturday 26 May into Sunday 27 May 2018
- Saturday 14 July into Sunday 15 July 2018
- Saturday 22 September into Sunday 23 September 2018
For late night entertainment premises with 02 or 03am terminal hours the extended hours are on both the late Saturday nights / early Sunday mornings and the late Sunday nights / early Monday mornings on the dates concerned which are
- Saturday 31 March and Sunday 01 April 2018
- Saturday 05 May and Sunday 06 May 2018
- Saturday 26 May and Sunday 27 May 2018
- Saturday 14 July and Sunday 15 July 2018
- Saturday 22 September and Sunday 23 September 2018
2. OUTSIDE PAVEMENT AREAS
Whether licensed in the layout plan of the Premises Licence, or by way of Occasional Licences or if not licensed, external areas with tables and chairs for customers on the public highway within the City of Glasgow, require annual consent from the Roads Department. This consent, known as Section 59 Consent, lasts from 01 April to 31 March each year.
IMPORTANT Roads Dept s59 Consent for tables and chairs on the pavement expires 31 March.
YOU NEED TO ACT NOW
You should contact our Roads Consultant, Findlay Donaldson, NOW regarding its renewal. The fees are due to increase on 01 April!
REMEMBER IF THERE IS A CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP OR A NEW, 1ST TIME APPLICATION FOR ROADS CONSENT YOU MAY NEED TO SHOW YOU HAVE PLANNING PERMISSION
Findlay is at 07762 209640 email@example.com
3. MINIMUM UNIT PRICING. ALCOHOLIC DRINKS TO BE PRICED AT NO LESS THAN 50P PER UNIT.
FROM 01 MAY 2018 THIS WILL BE INTRODUCED AS A MANDATORY CONDITION ON EVERY PREMISES LICENCE. SERVERS AND LICENCE HOLDERS WILL BE IN THE FIRING LINE. LOOK AT YOUR PRICING STRUCTURE AND TAKE ADVICE AS REQUIRED.
4. MINIMUM WAGE.
Increases from 01 April
(A) EACH PREMISES REALLY SHOULD HAVE 2/3 STAFF WITH PERSONAL LICENCES ON ITS BOOKS.
(B) ALSO PERSONAL LICENCE HOLDERS HAVE TO UNDERTAKE REFRESHER TRAINING WITHIN 5 YEARS OF DATE OF ISSUE OF PERSONAL LICENCE OR THE PERSONAL LICENCE WILL BE REVOKED WITH POTENTIALLY SERIOUS REPERCUSSIONS.
(C) ALL STAFF SERVING ALCOHOL MUST UNDERGO MANDATORY STAFF TRAINING AND AGE VERIFICATION TRAINING BEFORE THEY CAN WORK ON LICENSED PREMISES.
My Personal Licence Training courses and Refresher Training Courses take place on the 2nd and last Thursdays of the month in Glasgow City centre from 10am to 4pm. Cost £140 Full and £95 Refresher. Bespoke courses on your premises and Staff Training to order
Next scheduled SCPLH courses are
- Thursday 12 April 2018
- Thursday 26 April 2018
- Thursday 10 May 2018
- Thursday 31 May 2018
- Thursday 14 June 2018
- Thursday 28 June 2018
My colleagues at Urban Training offer First Aid and Food Safety Training. See www.urbantraining.co.uk
I offer a licensing health check to ensure compliance. Picks up on Statutory Notices, management or other licensing changes………..£150
Here are the kind of things I look at:-
1. Original or Certified copy of Premises Licence must be on site
2. Summary of Premises Licence for Display A4 in a prominent place.
3. Statutory under Age Notice for Display
4. Notice re unit’s Premises Licence provisions for admission of Children and Young Persons – to be posted near entrance
4. Challenge 25 Notice for Display
5. Guide to Challenge 25 and Age Verification policy – I can provide
6. 16 Bullet points for 2 hour mandatory staff training
7. Sample staff training / age verification certificate. Each staff member must be trained in both and sign a separate certificate each – trainer also to sign each form. I can provide.
8. Check any occasional licences and Roads Department section 59 permissions for outside pavement areas
9. I would remind you also that each Personal Licence Holder working in the premises should also have their Personal Licence kept on site. Please remember Personal Licence Holders must complete Refresher Training within 5 years of the date of issue of their Personal Licence and notify Board within a further 3 months of having done so. FOR THIS REASON I WILL INSPECT EACH PERSONAL LICENCE HELD BY YOUR STAFF SO PLEASE ENSURE THESE ARE ON THE PREMISES FOR MY INSPECTION
7 CLEANING OF LICENSED PREMISES
My missus’ company Garcia Cleaning Services offers a bespoke cleaning service to licensed premises. Operatives are paid above minimum wage and are fully compliant with PAYE and NIC etc.
This testimonial from a satisfied client’s Operations Manager with 4 major venues in Glasgow City Centre…
“Beth and her team of cleaners are absolutely fantastic working across our 4 units in Glasgow. They are professional, reliable and consistent providing a constant high standard of cleaning. Being city centre bars and venues the task of cleaning is not easy but no cleaning job goes undone! Beth also provides relief cleaners to cover holidays and provides extra cleaners for certain days or times of the year we require the cleaning to be done within a certain time frame. I would highly recommend Garcia Cleaning Services to anyone looking for a dependable and efficient cleaning company.”
Call Beth on 07773 680285 or myself on 07870 590909
That’s it for now
LOOKING FORWARD TO A SUCCESSFUL SPRING AND A GREAT SUMMER!!!!