Its Autumn newsletter time!
1. EXTRA HOUR ADDED ON TO TERMINAL HOUR FOR ON SALES IN GLASGOW WHO SAID YES TO SEASONAL VARIATIONS
- Saturday 23 September 2017
For late night entertainment premises with 02 or 03am terminal hours the extended hours are on both the late Saturday nights / early Sunday mornings and the late Sunday nights / early Monday mornings on the dates concerned which are
- Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 September 2017
NO GLASS AFTER MIDNIGHT!!
2. ANTI TERRORISM WARNING FROM POLICE SCOTLAND FOLLOWING PARSONS GREEN. TERRORISM ALERT AS OF 21 SEPTEMBER SEVERE. WHAT MEASURES CAN WE TAKE? SEE POLICE GUIDANCE HERE.
3. PLAN AHEAD!!! FESTIVE PERIOD 2017/8 LATE LICENCES FOR GLASGOW ON SALES IF OUTWITH GLASGOW, CHECK YOUR BOARD’S WEB SITE.
Glasgow Festive Period Friday 1 December 2017 to Tuesday 2 January 2018
A: Licensed Premises within the City Centre
Mondays to Sundays: one additional hour beyond the terminal hour for the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises throughout the Festive Period
B: Licensed Premises outwith the City Centre
Fridays and Saturdays during the Festive Period, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Hogmanay and New Year’s Day: one additional hour beyond
the terminal hour for the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises.
C: Members Clubs
The above policy on festive hours does not apply to Member’s Clubs.
Members Clubs which have confirmed on their application for a Premises Licence that the Club’s Constitution and Rules conform to the requirements of Regulation 2 of the Licensing (Clubs)
(Scotland) Regulations 2007, will be permitted extended hours up to 3.00am on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
NO GLASS AFTER MIDNIGHT IN GLASGOW!!!
(A) EACH PREMISES REALLY SHOULD HAVE MINIMUM 2/3 STAFF WITH PERSONAL LICENCES ON ITS BOOKS.
(B) DO YOU HAVE A PERSONAL LICENCE? PLEASE CHECK ITS DATE OF ISSUE. PERSONAL LICENCE HOLDERS HAVE TO UNDERTAKE REFRESHER TRAINING WITHIN 5 YEARS OF DATE OF ISSUE OF PERSONAL LICENCE OR THE PERSONAL LICENCE WILL BE REVOKED WITH POTENTIALLY SERIOUS REPERCUSSIONS.
(C) ALL STAFF SERVING ALCOHOL MUST UNDERGO MANDATORY STAFF TRAINING AND AGE VERIFICATION TRAINING BEFORE THEY CAN WORK ON LICENSED PREMISES.
My Personal Licence Training courses and Refresher Training Courses take place on the 2nd and last Thursdays of the month in Glasgow City centre from 10am to 4pm. Cost £140 Full and £95 Refresher. Bespoke courses on your premises and Staff Training to order
Next scheduled SCPLH courses are
- Thursday 12 October 2017
- Thursday 26 October 2017
- Thursday 09 November 2017
- Thursday 23 November 2017
- Thursday 14 December 2017
IMPORTANT I can conduct 2 hour mandatory staff training sessions at your premises. This is the 2 hour mandatory training required for all staff serving alcohol. Certificates including Challenge 25 and Age Verification included in cost of £25 per head. Contact me by phone or email to enquire. All welcome.
My colleagues at Urban Training offer First Aid and Food Safety Training. See www.urbantraining.co.uk
I offer a licensing health check to ensure compliance. Picks up on Statutory Notices, management or other licensing changes………..£150
Here are the kind of things I look at:-
- Original or Certified copy of Premises Licence must be on site
- Summary of Premises Licence for Display A4 in a prominent place.
- Statutory under Age Notice for Display
- Notice re unit’s Premises Licence provisions for admission of Children and Young Persons – to be posted near entrance
- Challenge 25 Notice for Display
- Guide to Challenge 25 and Age Verification policy – I can provide
- 16 Bullet points for 2 hour mandatory staff training
- Sample staff training / age verification certificate. Each staff member must be trained in both and sign a separate certificate each – trainer also to sign each form. I can provide.
- Check any occasional licences and Roads Department section 59 permissions for outside pavement areas
- I would remind you also that each Personal Licence Holder working in the premises should also have their Personal Licence kept on site. Please remember Personal Licence Holders must complete Refresher Training within 5 years of the date of issue of their Personal Licence and notify Board within a further 3 months of having done so. FOR THIS REASON I WILL INSPECT EACH PERSONAL LICENCE HELD BY YOUR STAFF SO PLEASE ENSURE THESE ARE ON THE PREMISES FOR MY INSPECTION
6 CLEANING OF LICENSED PREMISES
My missus’ company Garcia Cleaning Services offers a bespoke cleaning service to licensed premises. Operatives are paid above minimum wage and are fully compliant with PAYE and NIC etc. Call Beth on 07773 680285 or myself on 07870 590909
That’s it for now. BE SAFE.