SPRING 2019 NEWSLETTER
1. GLASGOW LICENSING BOARD‘S 5 PUBLIC HOLIDAY WEEKENDS’ GENERAL EXTENSIONS – 1 EXTRA HOUR THIS SATURDAY 20 APRIL FOR ON LICENCES AND ON EACH OF SATURDAY 20 AND SUNDAY 21 APRIL FOR NIGHTCLUBS.
Part A: On-Sales Premises
In accordance with part 8 of its Licensing Policy Statement, the City of Glasgow Licensing Board has determined to grant one additional licensed hour beyond the terminal hour to all licensed premises with an on-sales facility having seasonal variations within their operating plan during each of the following Saturday evenings into the early hours of Sunday mornings on the weekend of the following recognised public holidays, subject to the specific exclusions mentioned at section two:-
- The evening of Saturday 20 April into the early hours of Sunday 21 April 2019
- The evening of Saturday 4 May into the early hours of Sunday 5 May 2019
- The evening of Saturday 25 May into the early hours of Sunday 26 May 2019
- The evening of Saturday 13 July into the early hours of Sunday 14 July 2019
- The evening of Saturday 28 September into the early hours of Sunday 29 September 2019
Part B: Late Night Entertainment Premises
In accordance with part 8 of its Licensing Policy Statement, the City of Glasgow Licensing Board has determined to grant one additional licensed hour beyond the terminal hour to all late night entertainment venues with a terminal licensed hour of 3am in the city centre and 2am or 3am outwith the city centre having seasonal variations in their operating plan on each of the following Sunday evenings into the early hours of Monday mornings on the weekend of the following recognised public holidays, subject to the Specific Exclusions mentioned at Section Two:-
- The evening of Sunday 21 April into the early hours of Monday 22 April 2019
- The evening of Sunday 5 May into the early hours of Monday 6 May 2019
- The evening of Sunday 26 May into the early hours of Monday 27 May 2019
- The evening of Sunday 14 July into the early hours of Monday 15 July 2019
- The evening of Sunday 29 September into the early hours of Monday 30 September 2019
2. 10 YEAR RENEWAL OF PERSONAL LICENCES
IMPORTANT IF YOU WERE, OR HAVE STAFF WHO WERE, IN THE 1ST BATCH OF PERSONAL LICENCES GRANTED UNDER THE NEW ACT AND ISSUED ON 01 SEPTEMBER 2009!!! THESE LICENCES SAY THAT THE EXPIRY DATE IS 31 AUGUST 2019 BUT DON’T TELL YOU THAT THE DEADLINE FOR LODGING RENEWAL IS 31 MAY 2019 OR 3 MONTHS BEFORE YOUR EXPIRY DATE, WHATEVER THAT IS. YOU MUST ACT NOW.
Licensing Boards will only accept a new Refresher training certificate for those 10 year renewals. This is needed anyway for the 5 yearly Refresher training requirement.
APPLICATIONS FOR RENEWAL OF THOSE PERSONAL LICENCES EXPIRING ON 31 AUGUST 2019 (ACCOMPANIED BY A NEW REFRESHER TRAINING CERTIFICATE) MUST BE LODGED ASAP AND BEFORE 31 MAY 2019. SO BEST TO GET THOSE FOLK BOOKED ON REFRESHERS NOW !!!!!!
I have Refresher courses on 23, 25, 30 April, 02, 07, 09, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28 and 30 May. Most are from 10am to 3pm, in my George Square training room, Glasgow city centre. More if demand. Book by email email@example.com or call / text 07870 590909.
3. OUTSIDE PAVEMENT AREAS – GLASGOW
Whether licensed in the layout plan of the Premises Licence, or by way of Occasional Licences or even if not licensed, external areas with tables and chairs for customers on the public highway within the City of Glasgow, require annual consent from the Roads Department. This consent, known as Section 59 Consent, lasts from 01 April to 31 March each year.
IMPORTANT Your 2018/2019 Roads Dept s59 Consent for tables and chairs on the pavement expired 31 March 2019.
YOU NEED TO ACT NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT RENEWED THIS.
If you have not done so already you should contact our Roads Consultant, Findlay Donaldson, NOW regarding its renewal. The fees increase each 01 April!
REMEMBER IF THERE IS A CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP OR A NEW, 1ST TIME APPLICATION FOR ROADS CONSENT YOU WILL LIKELY NEED TO SHOW YOU HAVE PLANNING PERMISSION
Findlay is at 07762 209640 firstname.lastname@example.org
4. USE OF LICENCE BETWEEN 12 MIDNIGHT AND 01AM FOR GLASGOW RESTAURANTS
I understand LSOs are visiting such premises telling operators that they must have food available after midnight and also that the Board expects places to obey the new policy (per November 2018 Policy Statement) whereby alcohol is only served to people who are eating or who have just finished a meal.
If you are in this category you should take advice. I am not certain this is enforceable in all cases.
My view is that the Board cannot implement the new November 2018 policy to pre existing permissions who satisfied the 75% / 25% restaurant / bar test and some of whom have a local condition. Unless you agree to new local condition being attached at a Hearing perhaps? Why do you set aside 25% as ‘bar’ if you are insisting people must be eating in the space?
5. CLEANING OF LICENSED PREMISES
Garcia Cleaning Limited
Run by Robin’s missus, the wonderful Elizabeth (Beth) Garcia Morton, Garcia Cleaning Limited specialises in cleaning licensed trade premises, commercial offices, rental properties etc. She also takes on major projects such as music festivals. Beth is looking for more units to service on a daily basis. Take the pressure off your management having to find replacement cleaners for holiday cover and save on NIC / PAYE. Engage Beth!! Call her on 07773 680285. She has a team of dedicated cleaning operatives, all contracted and paid properly above minimum wage with NIC, PAYE and Work Place pensions. Garcia Cleaning Limited is VAT registered.
I offer a licensing health check to ensure compliance. Picks up on Statutory Notices, management or other licensing changes………..£150 for a limited time if you mention this newsletter.
Here are the kind of things I look at:-
1. Original or Certified copy of Premises Licence must be on site
2. Summary of Premises Licence for Display A4 in a prominent place.
3. Statutory under Age Notice for Display
4. Notice re unit’s Premises Licence provisions for admission of Children and Young Persons – to be posted near entrance
4. Challenge 25 Notice for Display
5. Guide to Challenge 25 and Age Verification policy – I can provide
6. 16 Bullet points for 2 hour mandatory staff training
7. Sample staff training / age verification certificate. Each staff member must be trained in both and sign a separate certificate each – trainer also to sign each form. I can provide.
8. Check any occasional licences and Roads Department section 59 permissions for outside pavement areas
9. I would remind you also that each Personal Licence Holder working in the premises should also have their Personal Licence kept on site. Please remember Personal Licence Holders must complete Refresher Training within 5 years of the date of issue of their Personal Licence and notify Board within a further 3 months of having done so. FOR THIS REASON I WILL INSPECT EACH PERSONAL LICENCE HELD BY YOUR STAFF SO PLEASE ENSURE THESE ARE ON THE PREMISES FOR MY INSPECTION
That’s it. Have a bunny Easter all