The first 2 items very important for Glasgow on sales operators.
1. EXTRA HOUR ADDED ON TO TERMINAL HOUR FOR ON SALES IN GLASGOW WHO SAID YES TO SEASONAL VARIATIONS
On the following dates for all on licence venues
- Saturday 27 May 2017
- Saturday 15 July 2017
- Saturday 23 September 2017
For late night entertainment premises with 02 or 03am terminal hours the extended hours are on both the late Saturday nights / early Sunday mornings and the late Sunday nights / early Monday mornings on the dates concerned which are
- Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 May 2017
- Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 July 2017
- Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 September 2017
2. OUTSIDE PAVEMENT AREAS
Whether licensed in the layout plan of the Premises Licence, or by way of Occasional Licences or if not licensed, external areas with tables and chairs for customers on the public highway within the City of Glasgow, require annual consent from the Roads Department. This consent, known as Section 59 Consent, lasts from 01 April to 31 March each year.
IMPORTANT Roads Dept s59 Consent for tables and chairs on the pavement expired 31 March.
YOU NEED TO ACT NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THIS
You should contact our partner Roads Consultant, Findlay Donaldson, NOW regarding its renewal. The fees are due to increase on 01 April!
Findlay is at 07762 209640 email@example.com
(A) EACH PREMISES REALLY SHOULD HAVE 2/3 STAFF WITH PERSONAL LICENCES ON ITS BOOKS.
(B) ALSO PERSONAL LICENCE HOLDERS HAVE TO UNDERTAKE REFRESHER TRAINING WITHIN 5 YEARS OF DATE OF ISSUE OF PERSONAL LICENCE OR THE PERSONAL LICENCE WILL BE REVOKED WITH POTENTIALLY SERIOUS REPERCUSSIONS.
(C) ALL STAFF SERVING ALCOHOL MUST UNDERGO MANDATORY STAFF TRAINING AND AGE VERIFICATION TRAINING BEFORE THEY CAN WORK ON LICENSED PREMISES.
My Personal Licence Training courses and Refresher Training Courses take place on the 2nd and last Thursdays of the month in Glasgow City centre from 10am to 4pm. Cost £140 Full and £95 Refresher. Bespoke courses on your premises and Staff Training to order
Next scheduled SCPLH courses, both full PLH and Refresher are
- Thursday 29 June 2017
- Thursday 27 July 2017
- Thursday 10 August 2017
- Thursday 31 August 2017
- Thursday 14 September 2017
- Thursday 28 September 2017
IMPORTANT – If there is demand i will have a staff training session coming up in June in Glasgow from 6pm to 8pm on a date TBC. This is the 2 hour mandatory training required for all staff serving alcohol. Certificates including Challenge 25 and Age Verification included in cost of £25 per head. Contact me by phone or email to register. All welcome.
My colleagues at Urban Training offer First Aid and Food Safety Training. See www.urbantraining.co.uk
I offer a licensing health check to ensure compliance. Picks up on Statutory Notices, management or other licensing changes………..£200
Here are the kind of things I look at:-
1. Original or Certified copy of Premises Licence must be on site
2. Summary of Premises Licence for Display A4 in a prominent place.
3. Statutory under Age Notice for Display
4. Notice re unit’s Premises Licence provisions for admission of Children and Young Persons – to be posted near entrance
4. Challenge 25 Notice for Display
5. Guide to Challenge 25 and Age Verification policy – I can provide
6. 16 Bullet points for 2 hour mandatory staff training
7. Sample staff training / age verification certificate. Each staff member must be trained in both and sign a separate certificate each – trainer also to sign each form. I can provide.
8. Check any occasional licences and Roads Department section 59 permissions for outside pavement areas
9. I would remind you also that each Personal Licence Holder working in the premises should also have their Personal Licence kept on site. Please remember Personal Licence Holders must complete Refresher Training within 5 years of the date of issue of their Personal Licence and notify Board within a further 3 months of having done so. FOR THIS REASON I WILL INSPECT EACH PERSONAL LICENCE HELD BY YOUR STAFF SO PLEASE ENSURE THESE ARE ON THE PREMISES FOR MY INSPECTION
5 CLEANING OF LICENSED PREMISES
My missus’ company Garcia Cleaning Services offers a bespoke cleaning service to licensed premises. Operatives are paid above minimum wage and are fully compliant with PAYE and NIC etc. Call Beth on 07773 680285 or myself on 07870 590909. Nothing too big or small. Working on the Riverside Music Festival end May and Kelvingrove Bandstand gigs in June.