Hi Ho everyone.
It’s difficult to be too full of Christmas Cheer after the awful events of last weekend at The Clutha Bar. I am sure everyone in the licensed trade shares my feelings of heartfelt condolences to all those who lost family and friends and wish a speedy recovery to those injured. Sincere thanks to all the emergency services and Glasgow folk who helped others. Special thoughts go to the owner, manager and staff of the bar – it looks like all concerned conducted themselves in an exemplary fashion in terms of health, safety and licensing.
The Clutha Appeal Fund has been set up by Glasgow City Council. Anyone directly affected by the crash who needs financial support can call 0141 287 0999. Donations can be made by calling 0141 287 7878 and paying by debit or credit card. Cash or cheques can be handed in to the council at 45 John Street, Glasgow G1 1JE and bank payments can be made to Clutha Appeal Fund, sort code 83-44-00, account 10804129.
On to business – TRAINING – You really have been very in slow taking up Refresher Training!! Since August I have only refreshed the training of 20 people, with only 2 signed on to my 12 December course. 22 in 5 months!!!! So in the next 9 months I estimate 2000 or 3000 will need to do this. Get your acts together peeps! Details of my courses below and more on www.robinmorton.com – THE COSTS GO UP AFTER MARCH TOO AS THE TRAINING MATERIALS’ COSTS WERE REDUCED TILL THEN!!! MORE IMPORTANT – THERE IS GOING TO BE A LOG JAM NEXT YEAR – AND YOUR PERSONAL LICENCE IS REVOKED IF IT’S NOT DONE AND NOTED BY THE BOARD!!!! AND YOU CAN’T RE-APPLY FOR 5 YEARS.
Tonight is the start of FESTIVE EXTENSIONS IN GLASGOW. Again see my website for more info.
All Boards should have their NEW POLICY STATEMENTS in place by now. Glasgow’s came into effect 26 November. You can view Glasgow City Council’s statement here, but the main points to note are:-
1. No permanent policy 01am for pubs in city centre – staying at 12 midnight
2. Suburban club policy hours staying at 02am – not moving to 03am as indicated
3. New over provision areas, taking heed of the Health based research and statistics – Ibrox and Calton taking the place of Sauchiehall St and Byres Road. Completely redrawn.
4. New Hybrids to 03am unlikely, new breakfast core hours for sale of alcohol unlikely
5. Casinos need to have gambling as main activity after 03am, rather than DJs!!
6. Outdoor furniture on Council owned roads / pavements need not be taken indoors at 10pm curfew time. Rather, take out of use and secure / tie up where they won’t cause an obstruction
7. 10pm still policy hours for alcohol service / consumption in outside areas but Board will look at 11pm where not close to residential. Requires a major variation
Thats all for now folks. Have a belter!!